September 3, 2008

I thought i`d share some home inspiration today

I have a thing for new homes. Not just any new home, but those that offer something unique, different, memorable. Not your typical 2 story 4 bedroom colonial with a double garage and a front porch. There must be something different about it for me to be drawn to it. It could be a vaulted ceiling, the front door, or even a kitchen sink that could draw me into such a house, and love it.

Many an evening or lunch-hour is spent online going through house tours on websites such as Apartment Therapy, and Dwell magazine, looking for inspiration, and something different that peeks my interest. I think I’m mentally storing the images I see so that one day when my husband and I do decide to buy a home, I can bring these images and idea’s with me, with my own personal touch of course. I thought I’d share some of my favourite homes with you today that I’ve saved and collected this year.


I love this dresser, obviously hand painted with care
from Wish Magazine


Does your own home inspire you? Would you like to share your home with other DecorAddict readers? I think this is the time that DecorAddict started its own house tour’s, don’t you? If you would like to have your home featured on DecorAddict, please email me (decoraddict@gmail.com) a photo or two of your home (interior and/or exterior), and a paragraph or 2 on why your home inspires you, and what you have done to achieve that inspiration.

I’ll feature as many as I can, all depending on how many I receive of course. Wow. This is exciting !!! Our own house tours. Cool !!!

If you too are a house-tour addict, Apartment Therapy has a few posted each week!

I never thought I'd enjoy chartreuse on a chair, but this works
from Wish magazine



Love, love LOVE this tour, probably one of my favorites
from Dwell Magazine online



Clean, fresh, simply, cozy, comfy
from
Apartment Therapy


Original personal style at it`s best
from
Apartment Therapy



Contrast plays a huge role here, loving Lucite vs. wood
from
Apartment Therapy

No comments: