July 24, 2011

love is in the air

This summer, we are lucky enough to be attending 3 weddings for various friends and family members. I've never been a big fan of weddings really, until Paul and I were married 3 1/2 years ago. I've learned in my old age what a wedding truly means. It's not just about the dress, the reception and the open bar, but a true celebration of love. Love of family, friends, and your one true love.

Enough of the sappy crap....and back to the true point of this post. We have 3 weddings to attend. Normally for me that would mean 3 separate outfits. However, due to budget constraints, I need to stick to one outfit, and one set of accessories that will be perfect for all three events.


The dress I found at J. Crew - simple, understated, classic, and I absolutely LOVE this colour.  These gorgeous nude metallic-ish wedges are from Brown's Shoes, and the clutch is from Aldo.  I'm using these 3 weddings as an excuse to treat myself a little bit.  I love the "nude" trend happenning in fashion right now, i'm i'm going to take advantage!

I have no idea where these earrings are from.  I saved the photo, but neglected to save the source!  I've been racking my brain all morning trying to find out where I found them, and I promise i'll update you all as soon as I find out!  I'm such a bad blogger.

Do you have a lot of weddings to attend this year?  If so, i'd love to see what you're wearing!  Why not link to a photo of yourself in the comments below of you from a wedding you've attended this year, and i'll Pin all the photo's to my Pinterest account, under my board Summer Weddings 2011!  Maybe we can help other's looking for some advice in the style department for the remainder of this year's wedding season.  

No comments: