July 13, 2011

dust bunnies in my head

We've lived in our current condo now for over 6 months.  Actually it's over 7 months now.  We still have a bazillion boxes strewn around the place, and barely any pictures on the walls.  We don't like the fridge, dishwasher, or the washer and dryer.  The laminate flooring the installed just before we moved in was installed to tightly so now it buckling in spots, and chipping in others.

BOTH bathrooms were on the fritz at the same time - the toilet in one, the shower in the other, and trying to remember what was broke in which got complicated at times with me standing in the shower wondering why there was no water coming out of the tap?  WTF?

Our neighbors have this intense need to SLAM the door shut EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY ARE COMING IN OR OUT causing our daughter to learn the phrase "noisy neighbors" sooner than most.
Some moron hit our car with their car or a ladder or a crow bar - not really sure as THE CAR WAS PARKED AT THE TIME AND WE DIDN'T SEE IT HAPPEN.

And the kicker, our bed broke last night.  And not in the way you may think.  Purely innocent.  I swear.  So, we are now sleeping with the dust bunnies with our mattress on the floor.

Source: apartmenttherapy.com via Prairiedale on Pinterest

I like the mattress on the floor.  It makes me feel "artsy".  Like i'm in a NYC loft and can't afford a bed-frame, just the mattress.  NO GODDAMMIT I'M SLEEPING ON A MATTRESS ON THE FLOOR BECAUSE I WANT TO!  NOT BECAUSE MY CHEAP IKEA BED BROKE!  I'M SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR BECAUSE IT LOOKS COOL!  BECAUSE IF I FALL OUT OF BED THE FLOOR IS ONLY 3 INCHES AWAY!


Source: abeautifulliving.blogspot.com via Megan on Pinterest


Source: downandoutchic.blogspot.com via Shirley on Pinterest

The bed on the floor has given me a reason to get rid of the rest of the crap in our bedroom. And there is so much crap. From the christmas tree, our daughter's basinette, and the dining room table leaf, it's all just scatterred about. It all needs to go! Out of our bedroom! BE GONE! And don't come back!
A cluttered space makes a cluttered mind, no?  At least that what it feels like, and I think that's why my DH has been so grumpy lately.  And probably why i've been taking the "I don't give a shit" approach these days.
No more!  This chapter of dust bunnies under the bed is now over and we're taking back control of our bedroom!  Where's the vacuum!  Where's the swiffer!  The master bedroom revitilization has begun!

*if you would like to help us with the revitalization of our master bedroom by sponsoring us, please contact me at decoraddict@gmail.com

No comments: