September 21, 2010

stressed.....OUT

I'm tired today. Probably because I woke up at 430am when hubby left for work. Rather than fall back asleep and fell worse when my alarm went off, I got up and started to get ready for the day. Thank goodness the squirt co-operated and didn't wake up until 630am.

photo by TheDizzyPixie


So, yes. I'm tired.

I also started my new day job this week. Can't say much about it just yet, so much to learn and get used too, which will come in time. I also expect to be a bit brain dead over the next few weeks as well, so consider this an apology in advance.

Also, we're not taking the apartment after all....at least not YET. There are a few kinks that we need to work out first. Yes, I'm sad, as I LOVE THIS PLACE, but we just can't commit to the location just yet. We have until mid-January to move, so lots to time to find something, hopefully in a bit of a better location! Please cross your fingers for us, and maybe we'll even find something better! EXCLAMATION POINT!!!!!!! I know, that's annoying, eh? QUESTIONS MARK!!!!

In the meantime though, I've managed to start hunting for bedroom inspiration. Have you visited the Canadian blog Kitka yet? Juli & John own and run Mjolk, an outstanding design shop here in Toronto focused on Scandinavian and Japanese design for home and office. I've written about them before, and I still avidly follow their adventures remodeling their apartment above their shop, as well as their cottage. Most recently, I can't take my eyes away from their bedroom at their apartment. Not sure what it is, probably the minimalism of the space, especially since i'm such a slob these days. It just seems so damn peaceful and serene.


all images from Kitka

I think this is the feel that I'm going for when we do find our new apartment. We already have a Malm bed to get us started, it can't be that difficult, can it? I'm trying not to worry about moving by finding inspiration in beautiful bedrooms. It's not working yet, but I'm still trying.

No comments: