May 20, 2009

To keep or not to keep?

I've lugged my wardrobe/armoire around for the past 9 years. Through 5 moves. It's held up well, but I admit, it may be time to throw in the towel and give it up to someone who has the space. It was gifted to me by a friend, and isn't really worth anything, but it's totally functional.

You see, it's HUGE. Hence, the hesitation to toss it...it holds so much stuff! It's also still holding on to it's original stain, which isn't too pretty anymore.

I had a thought today however, about painting it RED. Like fire-engine red, and keeping it in the baby's room. Something along these lines (see below). What do you think?


image from Canadian House & Home


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh.. the image looks fab... I'm all in for painting atleast one furniture peice red.. Go ahead.. and post some pics for us to see..

→lisa said...

I'd be reluctant to get rid of a piece of furniture that has served me well. I say give it a paint job and try it out in the baby's room. A bright fun color like red could really transform it into a fun piece.

If you absolutely don't have space for it in your house, then you might need to get rid of it, but I'd at least try moving it to another room first, to see if you can make it work elsewhere :)

Art Wall Katie said...

It's hard to say without seeing the shape of it, but I personally LOVE painted wood furniture. Especially in a fun color. The personality completely changes, especially for antiques. Good idea.