April 14, 2009

Angela Liguori {house tour love and more}

Wow.

Wow, wow, wow.

Most of you know that one of my favorite aspects, or feature of the top design blogs out there are the house tours. I just can't get enough of them. The best part about them? They are REAL home, of REAL people. Ninety-nine percent of the house tours featured on Apartment Therapy and Design*Sponge are those of their own readers. You can't get any better than that.

One that stuck out to me this week was the home of Angela Liguori, featured on Design*Sponge this week.

images from Design*Sponge

Eclectic comes to mind, with a little bit of whimsy thrown in. You see that turquoise stool next to the sofa? I have a bench like that. It's gray. Ick. Boring. Maybe i'll have to paint it turquoise. :-) You can visit the full house tour here.

Angela not only has a beautiful home; she is also a graphic designer, and is extremely talented. Stemming from Rome, Italy her company Carta, Inc. designs custom stationary invitations, business cards, and hand-bound books. She has also just recently added a line of cotton ribbons imported directly from Rome. Bella! Bella!

I also love that fact that she not only makes and designs there beautiful wares, but she also teaches workshops on how to make your own. Don't you just love it when talented artisans share their talent with the rest of us? *sigh*, now I only wish I lived in Boston so I could take a class!

To find out more about Angela, you can read her interview here via the Squam Workshops site here, visit Angela firsthand at her blog here, or her Etsy shop here.

Here are some of my favorite's from here Etsy shop. Happy browsing!

image from Angela Liguori

No comments: