December 15, 2008

Open for debate: two-tone sofa

I am one of the 20 thousand or so people that have an Ektorp sofa from Ikea. It's served me well over the past 8 years, but it's time for it to go, as it's literally almost falling apart.

I will miss my Ektorp, easy maintenance Ektorp. Washable slipcovers are the BEST invention this decade I think, and have saved my sofa from numerous red wine stains.

As you all know, my hubby and are moving into a new, larger apartment next month, therefore we're on the lookout for a few new things. I've already talked about a new dining table, a new sofa is also on the list. This past Saturday, the hubby and I once again made a trip out to search for the perfect sofa.

There is one thing that I've noticed, and I don't like it. What is the deal with the two-tone sofas that are all over the place this year? I don't get it! It's just gross! I don't get it!


Mateo Sectional Sofa from Structube, $1699

I LOVE the Mateo Sectional above from Structube, but WHY are the cushions a different colour than that base? I would buy this in a second if it weren't for the fact that it's 2 colours. Eesh.

No comments: