December 12, 2008

Mid-Century Dining Table, the search begins

Our current apartment doesn't really have a dining room, it's just really an extension of the living room and kitchen which essentially one room in itself. The table we have right now is our landlords, but we don't use it as a dining table either, it's more of desk, actually I'm writing this from it as I type.

Our new place has an actual dining room. With Space! Enough room for a decent sized table, and maybe even a credenza or buffet. I can picture a curved/rectangular mid-century modern teak dining table in that spot, and I've been on the hunt for one even since we signed the lease. Unfortunately, so far, I'm not having much luck.

Yes, sure Craigslist has lots to choose from, but it's just not right.

THIS is what I'm drooling over at the moment.....

Lima dining table, from INCH Furniture


Unfortunately this is manufactured in Switzerland, and only SOLD in Switzerland, so I'm truly S.O.L with this one. It's so sad. Sniff.


Then, I found this!

Teak Coffee Table designed by Ib Koford Larsen for France & Sons,
Denmark, 1950 from Still Design


But, it's a coffee table. ARGH!!!! I need just a little more leg! And, they're in Victoria, BC. ARGH!!!

I'm still looking for that perfect table. I will not rest until it has been found. I refuse to settle for anything less, and so the journey begins.

Bollocks!

1 comment:

Alexis said...

When I was doing my daily :) craigslist search...this ad came up, so I thought you might be interested.

http://www.lushpad.com/index.php

I have no affiliation with them but I saw your post just moments before and so you came to my mind.