October 7, 2008

Trend Tuesday: picked from a hat

There is so much that I want to share with everyone this Tuesday, so much that I don't think I can fit everything in one post. So, I've put all my trend idea's into a hat, and I've picked out 2 of them. The rest will have to wait until next week, the week after that and the week after that.

I used to play with Ukrainian nesting dolls when I was a child, they were everywhere, since after all, that is my heritage. I can remember creating little villages of wooden people, the large dolls were the parents, and the little ones were always the children. The image of the nesting doll has made it's way into home decor, and even fashion. Here's a peek of a few things I found on Etsy, Ebay, and even Anthropologie today.


from top left, throw pillow, usd$18; Juicy Couture charm from Nordstrom, usd$149.99; throw pillow, usd$35; Vintage Ukranian nesting dolls, Ebay, usd$10.99 (current bid)



from top left, all on Etsy, coffee sleeve, usd$5.50; block print, usd$35; fabric, usd$6.99 per yard; change purse, usd$6.50

These nesting dolls are becoming more and more "trendy", stick with the vintage originals for the best look.

I was visiting Anthropologie the other day, as I do most day's, noticing that they have put a bird motif of one kind or another on practically everything. It's very whimsical, and very vintagey, but I'm not sure I like it. I've never been much of a bird fan, but for those that like bird's, and even Victorian decor fans alike, this is definately the place for you this fall & winter. I've thrown together a few pieces from Anthropologie that I do like, not all together mind you, but used sparingly, I would enjoy these pieces very much.


all images above from Anthropologie

No comments: