October 6, 2008

Nuit Blanche .... recovery

I really need a new camera. Or maybe a lesson how to properly work the one I already have. They have workshops you can take for that right? OK, enough complaining. Here are a few pictures from Nuit Blanche this past weekend in my hometown, Toronto, Ontario. Out of the 50 + photos I took, these were the only ones that turned out, and I'm not really happy with these either. BUT, I wanted to show everyone something, so here they are.

Overall, Nuit Blanche was an amazing experience, however it was almost TOO successful. I've never seen so many people in the city for as long as I've lived here, and that's a long time. Next year, I'm sleeping all day, and not even attempting to head down there until at least midnight. I'm still tired just thinking about it, and yes my feet are still throbbing !!!

The highlight for me was Yoko Ono's Wish Tree installation. Underneath a huge billboard that read "Imagine Peace", visitors were given a paper tag, to write a wish, and then attach to one of the many trees below. I won't tell you what my wish was. :-)



that's me attaching my wish to one of the trees below the huge billboard above


it was a very surreal, yet beautiful sight


Here are a few more of my favorite pictures of the night ...





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Trina,

I just saw your comment on decor8 about not being able to watch top design...I'm too lazy to read the rest of the comments to see if someone responded, but I watch Top Design on youtube. You can watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/iamsammiiam

angela