October 2, 2008

meet ..... Rita Vindedzis

The Internet and cyberspace still amazes me ... how it connects us all together. This is how I met (virtually), Rita Vindedzis. Rita places a comment on one of my blog posts, with a link back to her own blog and website, and I was absolutely blown away. I emailed her a quick thank you, and also asked if she would be interested in doing this little interview for us today.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!


Rita can be found online at her website, blog, and Etsy Shop.

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself? Name, location, personal stuff (not too personal of course)
My name is Rita Vindedzis and I’m a working artist based in Toronto Canada. I think I’ve become “known” mostly for my landscape paintings. Lately, I’ve been doing a lot of mixed media work as well.

How did you discover your talent as an artist?
I come from a family of professional artists so I guess you could say that it was my destiny.



Where do you get your inspiration/influence for your art? What keeps you motivated?
The work of Warhol, Hopper, Turner, Monet and the Group of Seven, nature, gallery hopping, magazines, window shopping, and chatting with artist friends. I get my inspiration from everywhere really. Staying motivated is easy, I have to help pay the bills. My art is a second income for our family.



What’s the most important thing you’d like people to know/understand about you and/or your creations?
My paintings are all about beauty,simplicity, tranquility, serenity, spaciousness, mystical atmospheres, capturing a moment in time,

What is your favorite time of year, and why?
I love autumn. The beautiful colors of the leaves, the smells in the air, the cool, crisp temperatures.

How do you “escape” or spend your “me time”?
Getting a manicure, sipping a latte in Starbucks and watching the world go by.



Do you have a favorite place(s) to travel? Where and why?
New York, although I haven’t been there in many years. I love it’s energy.

Is there anything you are obsessing about or addicted to? (Specific store, a food, color) What and why?
-Crate and Barrel. I visited the Boston store last summer and fell in love with their style. I’ll be at the new Toronto store often.
-Color brochures and paint chips. I have boxes of them.
-The sushi spring roll at Nami my favorite restaurant in Toronto



Do you have any advice for young artists beginning their career?
Don’t take the criticism about your work personally.

Describe your perfect day?
Breakfast in South Beach, lunch and shopping in New York, dinner in Paris.

1 comment:

Seth said...

I love Rita's work. Such beauty in her paintings. Thank you for this interview, as I got to know her just a bit better!